Friday, September 7, 2012

Big News!

It is pretty amazing what can happen in two months' time. I started sending queries to agents and publishers on July 1st, 2012 and I'm happy to say, as of September 3rd, I've signed Heat Rising to Etopia Press





I feel like my head was spinning constantly these past two months. The manuscript attracted much more attention than I EVER thought possible, considering this is my first completed work and, to be honest, the completed manuscript could still use some work. While I received my fair share of rejections, Heat Rising also generated  two offers and two 'revise & resubmit' from agents who were on my 'Top 10' list. That alone was pretty damn exciting! Not to mention five requests for full manuscripts and a handful of partial requests, all within the first month of querying! 

Trust me. I felt like I'd won some major award with all those requests. Let's not talk about how every rejection brought me down, OK? Ok. 

So, Etopia Press found ME and came knocking on my email door. Because I'm nosy, I did quite a bit of digging around and talking to some of their authors, etc. I'm happy to say that nothing but good things popped up (obviously, or I wouldn't have signed, right?) So, I had a decision to make.

  • Take offer #1
  • Take offer #2
  • Complete and submit 'revise and resubmit' requests.

After much contemplation, I liked knowing that someone loved Heat Rising enough right now, to grab it in it's current form and work on it after it had been signed. And after researching both offer options, Etopia Press was the more comfortable choice. 

Plus, I'm already ears-deep in my next novel and am ready to move Heat Rising along so I can open the doors for new things. So, a huge thank you to Etopia Press for taking a chance on me and I can't wait to share more great news! 

Launch dates and all that coming up soon. 

Of course, I have to plug my support group for getting me this far. Heat Rising sat in a drawer for almost 7 years before I was introduced to a group of amazing writers, who kept on me until I finished that first draft. And they've been there the entire time. I can't wait until they are all agented and published because, clearly, they ALL DESERVE IT! 

Thank you WrAHM-ers and The Amazing CP Group!!



5 comments:

  1. I'm so damn proud of you, lady. And I'm so honored to have been a part of this journey. You're amazing, Ben & Jayda are amazing, and I can't WAIT for the world to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Congratulations!!! You are our Pioneer and inspiration!!! Can't wait to have a copy of your book sitting on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *tear* I echo Tris and Amber- you rocked it out!!!!! SO proud of you, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lisa! I can't wait to read Heat Rising!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! I couldn't have done it without you. The MS would still be in a drawer, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete