Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Life is a Whole Lot of Frenzy!

I thought I was being smart but it turns out I was being very stupid.

See, this opportunity arose and I grabbed it--with no regrets--despite kinda-sorta knowing it wasn't a good time to be taking hold.

What the hell am I talking about? I'll tell you. Let me preface by saying my current situation is a little like the one this author finds herself in, minus the school riot and college madness. Instead, my story is a tad bit like her frantic ending--when she queries a manuscript that's not really ready AND gets a bite!

http://readingwritingrachel.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-route-to-publication-part-i.html

See, here's what I did. I entered a fantastic contest put on by a publisher that I really love. They asked for a pitch and first 100 words and if chosen by an editor, we'd be able to send in a full. I knew I was getting **close** to querying...and with the encouragement of friends...I entered. Knowing my pitch sucked. And my first 100 words suckity-sucked. And there was no way my missing-6-chapters and hasn't-been-edited manuscript would be requested.

Yeah, as usual, I was wrong. ::Happy Dance:: I was chosen! Yay, they like me, they really, really like me!! 

::throw up from nerves::

Shit. They like me. They really-want-my-full-manuscript-by-the-end-of-the-week-freaking-like me. 

:: It must be turned in by this Friday::


Two a.m. became my new friend, folks, as I busted my ass, my sanity, my fingertips and my husband's patience to finish my book in 2 (YES, 2) days. 

It is done. It is done. But it is crappity-crap and in the hands of my lovely, wonderful, talented critique partners right now. Will it be edited and ready for editor's eyes at one of the houses on the top of my MUST SUBMIT to list?

To make myself feel better, I frequently remind myself that only 25 requests were made from like 180 entries. Then I go back to nervous-puking. 


::cries...a lot:: ::Pops some imaginary Xanax::


I'll let you know how it turns out next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment